Student Group for Whom Course is Required/Intended:
This course is required for
students selecting pre-engineering option and is recommended as an
students who select from the fol lowing options : computer science,
The goals of instruction of MATH 2010 are :
1. to teach the skills needed to solve systems of equations using
various matrix methods ,
2. to teach skills needed to evaluate determinants,
3. to teach the skills necessary to use vectors in other areas,
4. to teach the student how to change bases and construct orthogonal
5. to teach the skills necessary to perform linear transformations,
6. to teach the student how to find eigenvectors, and
7. to make the student familiar with certain applications of matrix
Through the study of MATH 2010, the student should be able to do the
1. Solve systems of linear equations using Gaussian elimination.
2. To perform matrix operations.
3. To use matrix ope rations to find the inverse of a matrix.
4. To evaluate determinants.
5. To use properties of determinants to solve problems.
6. To find the norm of a vector and do vector arithmetic.
7. To find dot products.
8. To find the cross product of two vectors .
9. To do vector operations in N -dimensional space.
10. To study orthogonality of a matrix and vectors.
11. To understand and use general vector spaces, subspaces, and spanning
12. To find the dimension and basis of a vector space.
13. To determine the linear independence or dependence of sets of
14. To determine the rank of a matrix and the uses of the rank.
15. To construct an orthonormal basis using the Gram-Schmidt process.
16. To understand linear transformations and to perform them.
17. To construct the matrices of linear transformations.
18. To find the eigen values and eigenvectors of certain matrices.
19. To diagonalize matrices.
20. To do orthogonal diagonalizations.
SUGGESTED EVALUATION PLAN
Test 6 - Final Exam
9, 11, 12, 13, 14
5, 6, 7, 8, 15
FINAL GRADING PLAN
Based Upon Percentages
A = 90-100
B = 80-89
C = 70-79
D = 60-69
F = Below 60
Start solving your Algebra Problems
in next 5 minutes!
Download (and optional CD)
Click to Buy Now:
2Checkout.com is an authorized reseller
of goods provided by Sofmath
Attention: We are
currently running a special promotional offer
for Algebra-Answer.com visitors -- if you order
Algebra Helper by midnight of
you will pay only $39.99
instead of our regular price of $74.99 -- this is $35 in
savings ! In order to take advantage of this
offer, you need to order by clicking on one of
the buttons on the left, not through our regular
If you order now you will also receive 30 minute live session from tutor.com for a 1$!
You Will Learn Algebra Better - Guaranteed!
Just take a look how incredibly simple Algebra Helper is:
: Enter your homework problem in an easy WYSIWYG (What you see is what you get) algebra editor:
Step 2 :
Let Algebra Helper solve it:
Step 3 : Ask for an explanation for the steps you don't understand:
Algebra Helper can solve problems in all the following areas:
simplification of algebraic expressions (operations
with polynomials (simplifying, degree, synthetic division...), exponential expressions, fractions and roots
(radicals), absolute values)