2. Find a function of x to represent the area enclosed in
the pen illustrated
at right, if 220 yards of fencing is used to construct the pen against the barn.
3. For ,
a. find f (-2) and f (1)
b. Determine the domain of the function f(x).
4. Determine the domain and the range of the function g(x)
is given to the right. Write the domain and range in interval notation,
using the union symbol , U , whenever necessary.
5. From the graph in #4, determine the following:
a) g(-4) b) g(2) c) g(7)
d) Find all the x values such that g(x) = 1.
6. Find the equation of the line passing through (-5, -1)
and (-2, -3).
Express in y = mx + b form.
7. Find the equation of the line through the point (2, -1)
to 9x – 3y = 4.
a. Find the equation of the horizontal line through the point (2, 7).
b. Find the slope of the vertical line through the point (3, 4).
c. Find the equation of the line passing through the points (-3, 2) and (-3, 5)
9. Determine whether the lines are parallel,
perpendicular, or neither: 2x – 6y = 9 and 3x – y = 4.
10. Graph the piece-wise defined function
a. Write an equation for the piecewise function in the graph.
b. Indicate the intervals for which the function is increasing, decreasing, or
12. Let and
a. Find ( f / h)(7) .
b. Find (h / f )(x) and its domain.
16. F(x) and G(x) are represented in the graph to the
a. (F + G) (3)
b. (Fο G) (10)
c. domain of (G / F) (x).
d. graph (F-G)(x)
17. Determine algebraically whether the following
functions are even, odd,
or neither even nor odd.
18. Which of the following are symmetric with respect to
the x-axis, the y-axis, or the origin ?
19. Classify the following graphs as even, odd, or
20. (a) The function g(x) has the same graph as that of
the function , stretched vertically by a
scaling factor of
2, followed by a reflection about the x-axis, then shifted up by 1 unit.
Determine the equation of the function g(x).
(b) The function h(x) has the same graph as that of the
function , reflected about the y-axis and
down 3 units. Determine the equation of the function h(x)
(c) The Function m(x) has the same graph as that of the
function f (x) = x^2 , stretched vertically by a factor of 1/2
, then shifted right 3 units. . Determine the equation of the function m(x).
21. Solve Mp = 2n – 0.2p, for p.
22. Cam and Pete are running a 10-km race. Cam runs at 12
kph and Pete runs at 10 kph.
In how many minutes will they be 2/3 km apart?
23. The population in Howard was 14,200 in 2000. This was
a 5% increase from 1995. What was the population in 1995?
Start solving your Algebra Problems
in next 5 minutes!
Download (and optional CD)
Click to Buy Now:
2Checkout.com is an authorized reseller
of goods provided by Sofmath
Attention: We are
currently running a special promotional offer
for Algebra-Answer.com visitors -- if you order
Algebra Helper by midnight of
you will pay only $39.99
instead of our regular price of $74.99 -- this is $35 in
savings ! In order to take advantage of this
offer, you need to order by clicking on one of
the buttons on the left, not through our regular
If you order now you will also receive 30 minute live session from tutor.com for a 1$!
You Will Learn Algebra Better - Guaranteed!
Just take a look how incredibly simple Algebra Helper is:
: Enter your homework problem in an easy WYSIWYG (What you see is what you get) algebra editor:
Step 2 :
Let Algebra Helper solve it:
Step 3 : Ask for an explanation for the steps you don't understand:
Algebra Helper can solve problems in all the following areas:
simplification of algebraic expressions (operations
with polynomials (simplifying, degree, synthetic division...), exponential expressions, fractions and roots
(radicals), absolute values)