Cata log Description
Topics include ordinary differential equations, the Laplace transform,
differential operators, systems of equations , orthogonal trajectories, electric ne tworks , and inverse
transforms. A grade
of C or higher is required for this course to be used as a General Education
course. Course is
designated as a Gordon Rule course . (*)
1. De termine the intervals where a Differential Equation is guaranteed to have a
2. Identify the order of a differential equation and recognize if the
equation is ordinary (or partial) and linear (or non-linear).
3. Solve first order differential equations using the techniques of separation
variables, linear equations , exact equations, homogeneous substitution , and
4. Determine a second linearly independent solution from a known solution.
5. Solve higher order linear differential equations that are homogeneous with
6. Solve higher order linear differential equations that are homogeneous with
variable coefficients using the Cauchy -Euler equation.
7. Solve higher order linear differential equations that are nonhomogeneous with
constant coefficients using the techniques of undetermined coefficients,
annihilators, variation of parameters, and Laplace Transforms.
8. Solve higher order linear differential equations that are nonhomogeneous with variable coefficients using the techniques of variation of parameters and the
9. Use differential equations to model and solve application problems such as
mass systems and LRC circuits.
Textbook and Suggested Schedule Effective: Fall 2009
though Summer 2012
Zill, Dennis (2009) A First Course in Differential Equations with Modeling
Edition) Florence, KY., Cengage Learning
Start solving your Algebra Problems
in next 5 minutes!
Download (and optional CD)
Click to Buy Now:
2Checkout.com is an authorized reseller
of goods provided by Sofmath
Attention: We are
currently running a special promotional offer
for Algebra-Answer.com visitors -- if you order
Algebra Helper by midnight of
you will pay only $39.99
instead of our regular price of $74.99 -- this is $35 in
savings ! In order to take advantage of this
offer, you need to order by clicking on one of
the buttons on the left, not through our regular
If you order now you will also receive 30 minute live session from tutor.com for a 1$!
You Will Learn Algebra Better - Guaranteed!
Just take a look how incredibly simple Algebra Helper is:
: Enter your homework problem in an easy WYSIWYG (What you see is what you get) algebra editor:
Step 2 :
Let Algebra Helper solve it:
Step 3 : Ask for an explanation for the steps you don't understand:
Algebra Helper can solve problems in all the following areas:
simplification of algebraic expressions (operations
with polynomials (simplifying, degree, synthetic division...), exponential expressions, fractions and roots
(radicals), absolute values)