Text: P reAlgebra – 3rd Edition – Alan S. Tussy and R. David Gustafson.
Prerequisite: A mastery of elementary concepts and
Math 105 are essential . Students need to
have an understanding of calculators at some point after chapter 5. Bold face
be low are considered extremely important. Note taking and class participating in
discussions are encouraged. Assistance is provided before or after class.
September 12: Last day to ADD classes without instructor
September 26: Last day to drop class without a “W”.
November 21: Last day to drop class with a “W”.
October 10: Last day to petition for Credit/No Credit.
December 14 – December 20: Final Exams. Final exam: December 17.
December 20: All classes end.
Tests will be given at the end of each chapter covered. 100 pts.
There will be no make-ups on any exam. This is a departmental policy.
There will be a comprehensive final examination at the end of the course to
your mathematical skills.
Final exam is given on December 17. - 200 pts.
Homework will be assigned, collected, and graded. It will be turned in the day
the chapter test. 100 pts.
Final grade based upon total accumulated points from tests, homework,
Teacher office hours will be 5:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. the day of class at Bung 6.
Grade earned represented by percentage of total points.
A – 90% - 100%
B – 80 - 89%
C – 70% - 79%
D - 60% - 69%
F. – 59%
Specific Class Features
• Grades are based upon a percentage of the total points earned in class
through tests, homework, attendance, class participation, and final.
• Homework is graded upon completion and effort. You must
SHOW ALL WORK for full credit.
• Tests are based upon total points converted into a percentage (800/1000 pts. =
• Attendance is factored into the final grade. Students with repeated absences
dropped from the class.
Student Conduct All students are expected to conduct
themselves in an appropriate manner
with the highest standards and behavior – especially during lectures and tests.
upon the rights of others or placing them in an uncompromising situation will
not be tolerated.
Grades are subject to change upon teacher discretion.
1. Find the prime factorization of a given number.
2. Evaluate expressions using order of operations.
3. Simplify expressions with exponents.
4. Solve equations with whole numbers and integers.
5. Combine like terms.
6. Analyze word problems, translate into linear equations and solve.
7. Evaluate expressions with fractions and mixed numbers, including complex
and order of operations.
8. Evaluate expressions with decimals and square roots.
9. Analyze and graph linear equations.
10. Convert numbers to percents and evaluate applications such as discounts,
11. Solve ratios and proportions, translate and solve word problems.
12. Calculate perimeters and areas of polygons.
13. Distinguish between complementary and supplementary angles as well as acute,
obtuse, and straight angles.
Start solving your Algebra Problems
in next 5 minutes!
Download (and optional CD)
Click to Buy Now:
2Checkout.com is an authorized reseller
of goods provided by Sofmath
Attention: We are
currently running a special promotional offer
for Algebra-Answer.com visitors -- if you order
Algebra Helper by midnight of
you will pay only $39.99
instead of our regular price of $74.99 -- this is $35 in
savings ! In order to take advantage of this
offer, you need to order by clicking on one of
the buttons on the left, not through our regular
If you order now you will also receive 30 minute live session from tutor.com for a 1$!
You Will Learn Algebra Better - Guaranteed!
Just take a look how incredibly simple Algebra Helper is:
: Enter your homework problem in an easy WYSIWYG (What you see is what you get) algebra editor:
Step 2 :
Let Algebra Helper solve it:
Step 3 : Ask for an explanation for the steps you don't understand:
Algebra Helper can solve problems in all the following areas:
simplification of algebraic expressions (operations
with polynomials (simplifying, degree, synthetic division...), exponential expressions, fractions and roots
(radicals), absolute values)